The Board of Directors of the Community Health Accreditation Program – CHAP – announces the selection of Ms. Karen Collishaw as the nonprofit organization’s new President and Chief Executive Officer. Ms. Collishaw will direct CHAP – the nation’s leading organization in community-based, home care accreditation – as it embarks on a new strategic direction to advance the highest quality in community-based care. Ms. Collishaw will begin leading CHAP on July 24, 2013. (more…)
Archive for the ‘Member News’ Category
Stoneridge Partners reports that for the month of May the Home Health Index showed an increase of 4.4%, and the S&P 500 continued its increase.up 2.1%.
All stocks were up, however the increase was primarily on the back of Amedisys. After hitting a low that goes back to 2003 of $10.04, the stock jumped 22.7% to 12.32. Last month, Stoneridge ruminated as to whether or not it was, at that low point, a buy. (more…)
Are you interested in running for a District Director position on our Board of Directors election? The following districts are open for election: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11 and Private Duty. Click here to see a district map.
- Call district meetings concerning matters of interest to their HCAF constituencies;
- Assist in the recruitment of members;
- Attend Board meetings, assist staff and officers at HCAF conferences and regional meetings, volunteer to serve on at least one standing committee and serve on task forces when requested; and
- Participate in HCAF membership group benefit programs wherever possible. (more…)
The Home Care Association of Florida is pleased to provide our members with an opportunity to help develop what is expected to be the largest study in the history of home care and hospice on the future of IT/EHR, telehealth/remote patient monitoring, and operational practices.
Co-sponsored by the National Association for Home Care & Hospice, Delta Health Technologies, HealthWyse, the Forum of State Associations and Fazzi Associates, the 2013 State of the Home Care Industry study will include in-depth phone interviews with nearly 1,000 agency leaders. The interviews will focus on current and future practices in the areas of IT, remote monitoring and operations. (more…)
Licensed Florida home care professionals should bookmark ceatrenewal.com to check continuing education history for free! The Florida Department of Health announced this week the new online portal for licensed health care professionals to review CE records in the electronic tracking system at the time of renewal.
HCAF posts credits for education workshops electronically to CE Broker already, so this new website makes it easier to verify your continuing education training!
Deyta, an HCAF Associate Member, announced this week the 2012 HHCAHPS Honors™ Recipients, which include 24 HCAF members! HHCAHPS Honors™ is a new program saluting the top 20 percent of Deyta’s HHCAHPS clients that continuously provide the highest level of satisfaction through care measured from the patient’s point of view. The HHCAHPS Honors™ acknowledges the highest performing agencies ranked by analyzing satisfaction measures covering both performance and improvement of care over a 12-month period (April 2011 to March 2012).
Each recipient worked incredibly hard to achieve HHCAHPS Honors™ status, and HCAF applauds these agencies’ efforts to improve the industry’s image by providing constant high quality care to Floridians.
The 24 HCAF member agencies recognized as HHCAHPS Honors™ recipients spanning from Miami to Crestview are:
- Altercare of Palm Beach County (Delray Beach)
- Better @ Home (Lady Lake)
- Conficare Home Health Solutions (Jensen Beach)
- Gentiva Health Services (Daytona Beach)
- Gentiva Health Services (Palatka)
- Gentiva Health Services (Tallahassee)
- Home Advantage (Delray Beach)
- HPH Home Health (Brooksville)
- Infinity Homecare (Winter Haven)
- Interim Healthcare of the Treasure Coast (West Palm Beach)
- Joyal Health Care Services (Jacksonville)
- Lake Centre Home Care (Leesburg)
- Lifecare Solutions of Palm Beach (West Palm Beach)
- Mederi Caretenders (Altamonte Springs)
- Mederi Caretenders (Brooksville)
- Mederi Caretenders (Fort Lauderdale)
- Mederi Caretenders (Fort Myers)
- Mederi Caretenders (Pinellas Park)
- Mederi Caretenders (Sarasota)
- Nursing Plus (Miami)
- Okaloosa Regional Home Health Services (Crestview)
- Quality of Life Home Care Services (Tampa)
- Ultimate Home Care (Trinity)
- Visiting Nurse Association of Florida (Stuart)
To see a full list of the 2012 HHCAHPS Honors™ Recipients, please click here.
HCAF is excited to announce that Ted Wolfendale, the administrator of Dial A Nurse in Naples and president of NEVCO, has been appointed to the Purple Ribbon Task Force as a representative of the Florida home care industry. He was one of six individuals appointed by Senate President Mike Haridopolos, and is one of the 18 Task Force members. (more…)
HCAF Associate Member Stoneridge Partners is reporting a 5.6% gain for the home health index (HH Index) for June. The HH Index measures the performance of four publicly traded home health companies, all listed on the NASDAQ — Almost Family (AFAM), LHC Group (LHCG), Gentiva (GTIV) and Amedisys (AMED). This index is updated monthly. (more…)